Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

What I've learned so far

I officially reached the 3 month mark a few weeks ago so good bye first trimester!  I've learned a lot so far but I'm not going to be sharing all of it.  You'll be thanking me for that.

1) I'm tired.  I'm ALWAYS tired.  I'm hoping that ends soon but even if it doesn't, there's two things I love about it.  I take a lot of naps.  And who doesn't love naps?  The other thing is I've finally gotten to the point where I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat.  That's always alluded me before and I'm hoping this continues long after the baby is here.  I've also been able to fall asleep just about anywhere, which is also a new thing.

2) If I'm hungry, give me food immediately!  I've never been one to deny myself food (that's pretty obvious) but eating has been very important to me.  Two things could happen if I don't eat - I become a raving lunatic and/or I get faint.  Neither of which is fun for anyone.  My purse has become a walking grocery store.  If you're hungry, come find me.  Chances are I could feed you a whole meal just out of my purse.

3) Like all other pregnant women, I no longer can sleep through the night without getting up to go to the bathroom.  The plus side is that our room is usually kept cleaner now as tripping over your shoes at 2 in the morning is not a fun thing.

4) Sports bras are the best thing ever.  Enough said.

5) Baby stuff is confusing.  There's so much stuff out there but who knows what you really need.  I guess I still have 6 months to figure out the big stuff but man, it's a bit overwhelming.  And by a bit, I mean alot!

So that's what I've learned so far.  I can't wait to see what I learn over the next few months.  It's such a fun experience. 

3 comments:

  1. Some words of advice...the tired doesn't fully go away, but it does get better further into the second trimester. But keep using the excuse so you can keep taking naps. ;-) Second word of advice...seriously...don't buy all the baby crap they throw at you. I suggest a good crib, carseat, stroller, swing, and high chair. Also on my must haves are something like a Baby Biorn (we got one with Em and loved it with both), a saucer (it's the thing you put baby in and they can spin around or bounce and they have toys attached to them), and a MUST have is called a Baby Bumbo. They didn't have this item when Emma was a baby, so I got one with Jax and LOVED it. It's made of a material that is like soft, yet firm, foam and you can start putting the baby in it once they can hold their heads up. Jax was only a few months old and it's the only way I got a shower. Hope this helps. Ever need any advice on anything just call. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS-Don't buy or register for a baby bath. I got you one of the most amazing ones that Nancy Craig's little sister invented and sells. Do you remember Katie Craig? She was a year younger than you and Nancy was my grade. Anyway, just a heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - just saw that you commented, like, a month ago. Thanks for all the good advice (and the bath)!

    ReplyDelete