Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Long Time, No Post...

I have been neglecting our blog lately.  Considering my last post was before Thanksgiving, there's a lot to update on.  I'll try to keep it short and sweet for all of the topics

Thanksgiving
We spent the day watching football with Eric's family at his mom's house.  And of course, football was followed with an awesome meal of turkey with all the fixings.  We followed that up with a brief stop at the Johnson's household to see my family and watch the final football game of the day.  With the PFFFL (Pedersen/Fagan Family Football League) in full swing, there is always a lot of yelling and swearing at various football players throughout the game.

Fantasy Football
Speaking of fantasy football, we had a pretty good year this time.  Eric ended up in the finals of one of his leagues but unfortuantely lost the game (damn Bears defense!).  But second place isn't horrible when you end up getting your money back.  He also made it to the finals for another one of his leagues and won that game so the money flowed our directions.  I ended up in last place in one of my leagues :( but came in second in the other.  I won a whopping $5 this year but hey, it's better than a sharp stick in the eye!

Christmas
Christmas is always a fun time of year.  We spent a lot of time with family and friends, which was much easier now that we've moved back into town (oh shoot, there's another topic I should mention).  We spoiled each other rotten - Eric's big gift was a flip video camera, while my big gift is a toss up between the massage, the Coach wallet and the Tiffany's gift card.  Our families spoiled us rotten as well.  But that's not the point of the holiday.  We spent most of the day at my parents house, though Eric did take a break to play golf with some close friends. 

The Big Move
We moved into a rental house the two weeks before Christmas.  We're back in the neighborhood where we were spending most of our time anyway.  We're just a few minutes away from my parents and my brother.  We're also really close to the neighborhood bar we like to go to (at least now we can actually consider it our neighborhood bar).  It's been great settling into the house and getting organized again. 

January has been the month full of baby stuff.  Our due date is coming up fast and we're busy getting ready for it.  But I think I'll save all the baby stuff for another posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment