Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

It's a girl!

We had our second trimester ultrasound yesterday and found out that Baby Fagan is a girl!  We're very excited about it.  I feel bad for any guy this precious little one eventually wants to date because Eric's going to put him through the ringer.

Ultrasounds area always fun.  I go through every day, wondering what's going on inside.  Is she turning flips, is she just hanging out, how is she growing, does she like the foods I eat.  But when you have an ultrasound, you actually get to see what's going on.  At the time of the ultrasound, her head was up near my belly button and she was facing my back.  At first, she was just chillin'.  But when the ultrasound tech tried to get measurements of her leg bones, she was kicking them back and forth. 

All of her measurements are normal, which is a great thing.  She also weighs 9 ounces.  How they figure out what she weighs, I have no idea but that's what we're told.  It's amazing the level of detail you can pick up on an ultrasound.  Some of our pictures are below.  Are they kind of creepy looking?  Sure, a little bit but I don't care - it's our baby girl!

Here's one of her face.  I was amazed that not only could you see her eye sockets, you could see the lens starting to form.  It's the circle within the black spot in the middle of the picture


We could also see her spine.  Each little vertebrae...


A great shot of her two little feet...


And last but not least, a 3D shot of her little face and her left arm hugging her body.  She looks so peaceful.


So continue growing well inside there, little one.  You've got 5 more months until you're ready to enter this crazy world we live in.  And mommy and daddy need that time to prepare for your arrival :)

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Congrats, Beth & Eric. :) I am sure she will be beautiful and have an awesome life. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well and flies by for you!!

    ReplyDelete