Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fourth of July Fun

The fourth of July in Phoenix means a nice long weekend spent in the pool.  Or on your couch in an air conditioned house...personally, I think you'd be crazy to even attempt to go outside much less stand around in the heat with tens of thousands of your new BBFs waiting for fireworks to go off.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good fireworks show.  In fact, the fourth of July isn't a true celebration without fireworks.  But the nice country club down the street from my parents house doesn't do fireworks anymore so we were forced to improvise.  So my brother went out and bought the newly legal fireworks that are available in every grocery store parking lot in Phoenix.

And what a fabulous day it was.  We went to my parents house to celebrate with my family and Eric's family.  Ashley had a special outfit for the day, of course (thanks ATL Pedersen's!).  I'll load a picture as soon as I find a good one.

A lot of time was spent in the pool with tasty snacks and mojitos.  We barbecued some yummy sausages and hamburgers.  And then came our very first fireworks show.



u

No comments:

Post a Comment