Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4 months old

Weight: 14 pounds 9 ounces, 75th percentile
Length: 25.75 inches, 95th percentile

Another month has gone by.  Life seems so short when you're measuring things in months.  It seems like the month passed by in the blink of an eye.  She's such a joy to have around - we love watching her grow and change. 

Ashley has started to figure out that she has control over her hands.  She seems to think that they belong in her mouth.  She usually chooses a finger or two to chew/suck on while watching the world go by.  She's not that interested in chewing on toys yet but I know that day will come soon.  She also likes to bring her hands together in front of her.  I feel like she's just going to interlace her fingers together like she's patiently waiting for something.  She also enjoys watching her fingers move. 


She laughed for the first time ever over Memorial Day weekend.  It was such the cutest thing in the world.  I'll admit - it brought tears to my eyes.  Of course, she didn't laugh again for almost 3 weeks.  We'd do everything we could think of to get her to laugh.  Finally she laughed again.  We can get her to giggle by tickling her or giving her big, exaggerated kisses.   It's still one of the cutest things I've ever heard. 

We celebrated Eric's first father's day this month.  Unfortunately Eric had to work.  Ashley and I made him a very special father's day cake.  (I have no idea why there's a screwdriver on the table).


Ashley rolled over for the first time on her 4 months birthday.  We put her down for a nap and then watched her roll over on our video monitor.  We were so excited that we grabbed her out of her crib and placed her on her play mat so we could record the event.  This is her rolling over for the second time.  I'm sure she was happy that her performance was over so she could go back to her crib for a nap. 


One last story totally makes Eric and I laugh.  So, all babies pass gas, right?  I'm sure it's very relieving for them.  Well, Ashley likes to take her dainty toots one step farther.  She doesn't just toot while drinking her bottle.  She lifts one leg so she can toot.  I swear to god!  She actually lifts her leg, toots and then puts it back down again.  It's hilarious.  I can picture it now, in 10 years she's going to exclaim 'I can't believe you told people that!'.

2 comments:

  1. Beth, that is hilarious - I'm laughing so hard right now! Ashley is getting so big. I agree that the months fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia - I didn't know you had a blog too! I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to follow you now - love your 3 month blog entry.

    ReplyDelete