Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First Plane Ride

Ashley got to go on her first plane ride when I took her to San Antonio for my 10 year college reunion.  Eric had to work so my awesome mother-in-law came with me instead.  It meant that I got to take Ashley out and show her off but then leave her at the hotel when everyone went out at night.  It was the best of both worlds.

She did awesome on the plane. She was really tired and wouldn't nap but she had a great time playing with her toys, the tray table and whatever else she could get her hands on.  She never made a peep the entire time and was a perfect angel.    On the trip back to Phoenix, she even fell asleep for an hour, which was awesome since our flight was delayed and she was exhausted.

First Plane Ride

What's out there?


It was so wonderful to see all of my old college friends again.  We went to the usual haunts - Bays, Alamo Cafe, Rudy's - and a few new ones too.


Oh, there are no ZX's in hell!


Lunch at Rudy's

Since so many of us have kids now, we even had a play date for the little ones.



Trinity's campus is so different from when I was there.  The fountain that used to be at the entrance to the school is in a completely different spot, many of the buildings have been leveled and re-built.  Even with all the differences, the place still holds so many wonderful memories.  I was truly blessed to be able to go there for college and make such great life-long friends (and I can't forget that I got a pretty good education too) 

New Entrance to Campus - nothing like when I was there

New spot for the fountain


It's been 6 years since I had been back to Trinity and San Antonio.  Hopefully another great reunion with all of us happens again sooner than 6 more years!

No comments:

Post a Comment