Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Family Fun

June is the month of family for us!  Not only did Eric's brother and family join us (technically that was in May, but whatever), my brother, et al came to visit the first and second weekends in May.  A little background for you: my brother Jim and his wife, Jennifer, live in Atlanta with their two kids, Stella and Harper.  We don't get to see them very often.  In fact, the last time was last summer when we all went to Disneyland together.  This was also their first chance to meet Ashley.  Okay, I think you're all caught up now :)

We all got to hang out during the first weekend they were in town at my parents house.  Unfortunately, Stella showed up with an ear infection but we still managed to play in the pool without her getting her ear very wet.  My parents held a barbecue on Sunday afternoon for family and friends, which was a ton of fun.  The slip and slide seemed particularly memorable - from us adults attempting to slide down what seems like a very short slide (don't you remember how, as a kid, the slip and slides seemed so long?  Doesn't seem that way when you're an adult) to the little ones being pushed along the slide (or drinking from the wading pool at the end). 

Jim, Jennifer and kids went down to Yuma to visit her family for the week.  I had tickets to see Les Miserables on that Thursday night (absolutely amazing production!  I may just be more emotional now but the show was so good, that I found myself with tears in my eyes. at least the other girls around me were tearing up too, that made me feel better).


The next weekend, they were back in Phoenix.  Friday night we got to have adult night out where we had a yummy dinner at Cheauvront and drinks at St. Francis.  Saturday, the guys hit the track to watch ???? and then went on to Magnums for some drinks and cigars.  The ladies stayed home, played with the kids, and then relaxed while they napped.  This was followed by a late afternoon swim and steaks for dinner.  Sunday they flew back to Atlanta, which made us all a little sad. 

In true Pedersen style, we have more pictures of the two weekends than anyone would really want to look at.  Here are just a few of the highlights:





No comments:

Post a Comment